Health Insurance

Health insurance is one of the most important purchases you can make and with new options in the marketplace, you need to make the right buying decisions.

Your Truckers Healthcare benefit advisor works alongside TOP INSURANCE CARRIERS and NEW ALTERNATIVE Healthcare Providers. We take the guess work out of buying a health plan and provide you with FREE quotes, plan information and enrollment support.

Traditional Health Insurance (Affordable Care Act)

The Traditional Health Insurance enrollment period occurs annually between November 1 and December 15. If you missed this window, you can still buy coverage provided you have a “qualifying event” (loss of existing coverage, marriage, childbirth, etc). If you have questions about ACA coverage or you have an existing medical condition, call us 844.385.5576.

Pros:

  • You can buy coverage regardless of your health
  • No lifetime limits on coverage
  • Subsidies available to make plans less expensive for those who qualify

Cons:

  • Can be considerably more expensive
  • Plans may have smaller doctor/hospital networks
  • Limited enrollment period (11/1 – 12/15 each year)

Short Term Medical Plans

Short term plans offer major medical type benefits that can be obtained anytime during the year and protect you in case of an unexpected illness or injury. They do not cover all of the same benefits as an ACA plan like pre-existing conditions, which is why they are lower in cost.

Pros:

  • You can enroll at anytime throughout the year
  • Plans can be bought for as few as 30 days or up to 3 years (in certain states)
  • More affordable than ACA plans
  • Widely accepted by many doctors and hospitals

Cons:

  • Does not cover pre-existing conditions
  • Does notcover certain conditions like maternity and mental health
  • Policy will need to be renewed once coverage term ends
  • Free preventive services mandated by the ACA are not typically covered.

Medicare

Medicare can sometimes seem like a complicated and difficult system to navigate. Did you know that original Medicare covers up to 80% of medical costs, leaving you with 20% to pay on your own with no protection?

Medicare recipients can opt for a Medigap plan or a medicare advantage in order to get more protection from your insurance. If you’re Medicare eligible, a Truckers Healthcare advisor can discuss which option is best suited for your needs, and walk you through the eligibility and enrollment process for whichever plan you choose.

Coverage through Truckers Healthcare provides a sense of security that you and your family have access to the best medical care regardless of where the road takes you.

For More Information Call 844.385.5576
or
To Book an Appointment to be Called Back