Healthcare Sharing Plans
With the passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the savings haven’t materialized for everyone.
Health Sharing Plans have become increasingly popular as a new alternative. While it’s not considered health insurance, it operates quite similar. You pay a monthly “share amount” like a health insurance premium. Depending on the program selected, you enjoy many of the same benefits of traditional health insurance – doctor visits, hospitalization, outpatient, labs, RX and more.
- 30-50% less than traditional insurance
- Nationwide PPO doctor and hospital networks
- You can enroll anytime throughout the year
- Predictable monthly payments
- Lifetime limits or caps
- Some pre-existing conditions may have a waiting period
- Limited number of doctor visits in some plans.
A Truckers Healthcare Benefits Specialist will make sure you understand your options and discuss your specific needs. The cheapest option isn’t always the best, but it can still pay to think outside the box.